Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gettin' Punchy with Late Night Stampers!

This week on Late Night Stampers, the challenge is to punch a bunch -- create a project using punches and dies.  So, here's what I created:



I had my Delicate Doilies stamp set on my desk when I was thinking about what to make and decided I wanted to play around and try to make some funky flowers with the images.  This card didn't come out exactly the way I had envisioned, but I still think it is funky and fun. 

To create the largest flower, I started by embossing the largest image from the stamp set, using Versamark and Melon Mambo Embossing Powder on Pretty in Pink card stock.  I punched that out using the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch. 

For the inside of the largest flower and the other two flowers, I started by embossing the smallest image from Delicate Doilies.  I again used Versamark, but this time with Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder on So Saffron Card stock.  I punched that out using the 1-1/4" Circle Punch.  I surrounded that with eight Tangerine Tango pieces cut with the scallop circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  Then, I put a 1-3/8" Circle of Tangerine Tango behind that.

There's a Rhinestone Jewel in the center of each flower.

The leaves and stems were created using the Bird Builder Punch.  I punched them from Wild Wasabi card stock.

I also used Wild Wasabi card stock to punch out the side pieces with the Decorative Label Punch.  I traced around the edges of those pieces with my Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Marker to add some extra interest.

The flags on either side of the card were cut from Whisper White card stock, and sponged with Pretty in Pink.  I stamped the sentiment on the top flag using Melon Mambo ink.

The butterflies were created using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and the Big Shot.  They were cut from Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo card stock.  I embellished each with a Rhinestone Jewel.

I adhered all my pieces to a Certainly Celery card base, which I had embossed using the Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore this card, Michelle!!! You are so good at using those little punches creatively! Love your idea and I am thiking of using it for club..is that okay? TFS!!! Marlene Caravello