Friday, January 6, 2012

Apothecary Label Happiest Birthday Cards

Have you seen the new Occasions Mini yet?  So many beautiful new stamps and accessories in it!!!  I've been having fun playing with new supplies.  In fact, I needed some special birthday cards, and created these using the fabulous new Apothecary Label set and the matching Framelit dies!  Here are the cards (with apologies because I didn't have the best lighting to work with when I snapped these photos!):


For this one, I watercolored the flowers using Regal Rose Classic Ink and an Aquapainter.  I used Lucky Limeade for the leaves.  The sentiment on this one is from the Perfect Pairs Stamp Set.

The 3D flowers are made using a combination of shapes from the Boho Blossoms, Trio Flower (retired), and Itty Bitty Punches.  I placed one of the smallest pearls from the Pearl Jewels in the center of each flower.  Here's a close up of the flowers. I shaped them by placing a stylus in the center and bending the petals upward around that.


Here's another version of the card:


For this one, I embellished with a combination of Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango flowers.  The flowers were punched using the Trio Flower Punch, four petal flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch set or the Birds and Blossoms Sizzlet (now retired, although I had seen it recently in the Clearance Rack). There are mini pearls in the centers of these flowers as well, and for the watercolored flowers, I added a drop of Dazzling Details in the center.

Here's one more variation:


Hard to tell from the photo, but the large flower in this one is actually Calypso Coral.  I created it using the new Blossom Punch from the Occasions Mini, with a center from the Mixed Bunch Stamped Set stamped in Soft Suede in the center of the blossom.  I added Dazzling Details over the stamped area, and then attached a medium-sized pearl in the center.

The card bases are all Lucky Limeade.  The designer paper is from a retired calendar set that I'd been hoarding for a while and decided should be put to good use!

Hope you like these.  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: