Monday, January 23, 2012

Hostess Tea Mysteries Revealed!

Before my hostess appreciation tea this weekend, I'd teased you with some photos of decorations and favors in progress.  (You can see those photos in this post and this post.)  Well, it's time for the big reveal!!  The first project was a special banner I created to decorate my "tea room" for the day . . . although I'm liking it so much I probably won't take it down until the boys or their dad voice some objection . . . we'll see how long that takes!  Oh, yes, here's the photo:



The banner pieces were cut from the beautiful Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper using the Perfect Pennants Die and the Big Shot.  The letters are from the Letter It stamp set, stamped in Calypso Coral on Very Vanilla.  I punched those out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch, then sponged around the edges, first with Calypso Coral, then with Poppy Parade.  I layered the letters onto two flowers I'd punched out of vellum using the new Blossom Punch.  I sponged around the edges of the vellum flowers with Pool Party so they'd show up a little better.

The pennants were stitched onto the lengths of the Ruffled Pool Party Ribbon.  Then, I added other random embellishments to complete the project.

For the other project, those were upcycled glass containers that I filled with chocolates and gave out as party favors.  Here's the bigger picture as far as those were concerned:



Again, I used the Everyday Elegance Designer Paper on these.  The labels are stamped images from the Apothecary Labels stamp set, which I die cut using the Labels Framelits.  Ribbon is the Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral taffeta, from the Everyday Elegance Embellishment set for Sale-a-Bration.

Finally, here are some of the goodies I prepared for the tea:



The top photo is of the "Bed of Roses" cake, brownies and Earl Grey Tea Cookies!  In the bottom photo are some tea sandwiches -- Greek Chicken, Cucumber and Egg Salad.  Yum!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum...yum...and more yum!!! Boy, I sure wish lived close enough to pop over! Everything looks and sounds scrumcious (If this is a word...don't think I have the correct spelling). I'll bet the ones that came are still talking about the event! Marlene Caravello